Want to join our team?
Do you enjoy a collaborative and engaging work culture where you can make a difference? Consider coming to work at frk architects + engineers. As a smaller design firm focusing on educational, municipal and commercial design, you will be able to enjoy a variety of responsibilities and work on multiple project teams. We are passionate about design and it is our goal to expand the firm’s success and continued longevity while providing an inspirational environment where our employees create, thrive and grow. In order to reach these goals, we are always looking for talented people with extraordinary skills. frk offers a competitive salary that includes an attractive benefit’s package of medical insurance for you and your family, life and long term disability insurance, paid holidays, generous PTO and 401k Plan.
If you are interested in joining our team, we want to hear from you!
frk architects + engineers is seeking an experienced architect to join our professional staff. The ideal candidate will be a licensed architect with seven-to-10 years of experience who excels in innovative design and possesses extensive knowledge of building technology and construction. Proficiency in Revit and 3-D imaging design software is also required.
frk provides architecture, structural engineering and interior design services for educational and commercial clients throughout the state of Iowa and Midwest. We take pride in being dedicated partners who share a common goal of helping our clients realize their vision. This position will offer the right person the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the design from conception through construction with client collaboration and project leadership at the forefront.
frk provides a competitive salary and extensive benefits package. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and innovative environment with other creative problem solvers, please email us your resume for consideration.
BIM Coordinator | Drafting Technician
frk architects + engineers, an industry leader specializing in educational design, is looking for an architectural technician/BIM coordinator. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Revit or other BIM software, possess a great attention to detail and thrives in a collaborative culture. Organization is key for a position that is responsible for maintaining models, schedules and standards across projects as well as collaborating on construction documents.
This position is involved in building 3D models for new and existing buildings while also coordinating with architects and engineers to develop blueprints and construction drawings. This position includes coordinating our Revit models with our consultants’ models and helping to ensure that each set of construction documents are consistent and accurate across projects.
frk architects + engineers has spent almost a century building a firm with a foundation of excellence, client services and expertise. We offer competitive salary and benefits including fully-funded health insurance and generous 401(k) match for this full-time position.
Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Meeting with architects, draftsmen, and designers to review 3D models.
- Review existing blueprints and create 3D models of existing buildings.
- Reviewing Revit models with the architect and making adjustments.
- Some drafting/modeling and redline pickup.
- Linking and coordinating Revit models from various disciplines.
- Audit models for consistency.
- Working with a design team and individually on Revit projects and providing periodic coordination meetings.
- Manage and update company BIM standards and creation of modeling tools and object libraries.
- Help create BIM Execution Plan.
Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator Skills:
- Knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and translate Construction Documents and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes and general construction practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please email us your resume for consideration.