frk architects + engineers, an industry leader specializing in educational design, is looking for an architectural technician/BIM coordinator. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Revit or other BIM software, possess a great attention to detail and thrives in a collaborative culture. Organization is key for a position that is responsible for maintaining models, schedules and standards across projects as well as collaborating on construction documents.
This position is involved in building 3D models for new and existing buildings while also coordinating with architects and engineers to develop blueprints and construction drawings. This position includes coordinating our Revit models with our consultants’ models and helping to ensure that each set of construction documents are consistent and accurate across projects.
frk architects + engineers has spent almost a century building a firm with a foundation of excellence, client services and expertise. We offer competitive salary and benefits including fully-funded health insurance and generous 401(k) match for this full-time position.
Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Meeting with architects, draftsmen, and designers to review 3D models.
- Review existing blueprints and create 3D models of existing buildings.
- Reviewing Revit models with the architect and making adjustments.
- Some drafting/modeling and redline pickup.
- Linking and coordinating Revit models from various disciplines.
- Audit models for consistency.
- Working with a design team and individually on Revit projects and providing periodic coordination meetings.
- Manage and update company BIM standards and creation of modeling tools and object libraries.
- Help create BIM Execution Plan.
Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator Skills:
- Knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and translate Construction Documents and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes and general construction practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please email us your resume for consideration.